Digitlab is set to unveil its highly anticipated industry report, “Insight 2024: The State of Digital”, at the upcoming Digital Marketing Conference on 22 November 2023, with a comprehensive virtual webinar to follow on 28 November.
This landmark report offers a detailed analysis of the digital marketing arena, incorporating industry survey data, expert commentary and trend analyses from 20 industry thought leaders around the globe. It scrutinises digital marketing practices, strategic implementations and the evolving nature of consumer-business interactions.
Here’s a list of a few of the of report’s contributors, who represent a diverse array of industry leaders and visionaries:
- Neal Mohan – CEO of YouTube, discusses video content’s pivotal role in digital marketing.
- Sir Lucian Grainge – CEO of Universal Music Group, speaks on the intersection of digital marketing and the music industry.
- Bronwyn Williams – futurist and trend analyst at Flux Trends, presents her foresight on global trends shaping the digital world.
- Boniswa Sidwaba – programming lead at TikTok, sub-Saharan Africa, offers an in-depth look at social media trends and engagement tactics.
- Vincent Maher – chairperson of MMA South Africa, speaks on marketing transformation
- Eoin McGuinness – head of HubSpot for Startups in MEA, CEE & UK, sheds light on startup growth leveraging digital platforms.
- Mike Saunders – CEO at Digitlab, brings insights into digital trends, automation and data-driven marketing.
- Tyron Love – global SEO manager at Pepperstone, analyses search engine optimisation at a global scale.
These contributors bring unparalleled expertise to the Insight 2024: The State of Digital report, offering a multidimensional perspective on the digital marketing ecosystem.
Key revelations from the report highlight a shift toward hybrid models that serve both B2B and B2C markets, reflecting a nuanced response to consumer demands. It discusses the resilience of businesses amid economic fluctuations and critiques e-commerce growth, underscoring the significance of customer journey orchestration and the challenges posed by data integration.
The investigation into marketing management reveals current practices under economic scrutiny and the need for a digital overhaul that combines creative insights with data analytics. The findings also note a discrepancy in marketing investment strategies across businesses of different sizes.
The report further delves into content marketing dynamics, demonstrating the effectiveness of social media and SEO, particularly across small and large firms, and evaluates the varied use of metrics like conversion rates and return on investment to measure success.
In addressing the future, the report examines the role of artificial intelligence in personalising content creation and the importance of maintaining creative integrity in light of technological advancements. It also casts a spotlight on industry-specific topics including Google’s algorithm changes, digital advances in the financial sector, advice to startups navigating 2024, and the cultural impact of platforms such as TikTok.
Digitlab’s Insight 2024: The State of Digital report stands as a crucial document for understanding the pulse of digital marketing today and its trajectory for the future, serving as a guide for businesses to navigate the digital landscape effectively.
Digitlab will make the executive summary available after completing its launch event and online webinar. The company welcomes all interested parties to join Digitlab at the launch and the detailed webinar to unpack these insights.
How to get your hands on the report
Purchase or take part
Access to the complete report will be purchasable from Digitlab at R4 000, or made available to any businesses participating in next year’s survey.
Venue: The Cape Town International Convention Centre
Date: 28 November 2023
Time: 11 a.m.
Registration: On the website