Trollope Mining Services (2000) (Pty) Ltd is a Level 2 BBBEE rated company which is 26% Black owned and provides the services of opencast mining, crushing & screening, civil infrastructure and rehabilitation while operating in the Mining and Civil Industries. Established in 1975 the company boasts a substantial fleet of equipment and although traditionally operations were predominantly based in the coal sector, current operations have extended into platinum, andalusite, gold, phosphate, copper, manganese, limestone and diamonds with strategic intent being to diversify into other mineral sectors and grow our geographical footprint into Africa. We are currently operating in Botswana and have experience of projects in Guineau and DRC.
Being a privately owned entity the company operates on good sound corporate practices and is recognised for delivering a superior service in the mining sector and services industry as a medium to large contractor, always at the highest levels of production and safety. With our focus being customer orientated and performance driven, we pride ourselves on the quality of workmanship on our operations. Industry best standard of maintenance of the company’s substantial fleet of equipment is paramount to ensure the highest levels of availability. It is the intent that TMS remains very much self-sufficient with little or no reliance placed on external suppliers.
Currently employing just over 2000 people Trollope Mining Services has enjoyed a sound working relationship with several well-known companies over the last three decades and is currently involved in projects including Glencore, Mbuyelo Coal, Kangra Coal, HCI Kusela, Rhino Minerals, Northam Platinum, A Re Shomeng, Pilanesberg Platinum, Kropz and Lucara.
Trollope Mining Services (2000) (Pty) Ltd has a level 2 BBBEE empowerment rating (Score 87,20) and is 26% BEE owned.
The company has adopted a BBBEE policy that corresponds with its group policy. The accreditation process confirms the status of Trollope Mining Services’ participation in government’s aim for the business to contribute towards transformation.
The company’s corporate practices are based on the principle of equality irrespective of race, gender, religion, language, origin or physical circumstance. Trollope Mining Services is committed to eliminating discrimination in any form and has implemented an employment equity plan with set targets, including affirmative action in all activities and acceptance of all cultures represented in the workforce.
TMS endeavours to work with the communities around our operations and generally enjoys healthy Industrial Relations with them.
The business’s strategy includes a focus on employment equity and the promotion of business equity through procurement practices. The company is committed to empowerment at all levels of its operations and is proud of its empowerment credentials. We are currently mentoring two SME entities in the opencast mining field. Furthermore Trollope Mining Services is increasingly concentrating on affirmative procurement to further advance business equity and increase the percentage of goods and services procured from black empowered companies.
There is a management development plan in place for black managers and the transference of skills to black staff. Black participation in the governance structures of Trollope Mining Services underway. The business has made numerous advances in respect of these issues.
The BBBEE policy further promotes the company’s commitment to Socio-Economic Development as well as Enterprise Development.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
As stated earlier, TMS is a privately owned entity that operates on good sound corporate practices and is recognised for delivering a superior service in the mining sector and services industry at the highest levels of production and safety. The Company supports the responsible management of health and safety, which forms an integral part of our business ethic.
Through strategic management of health and safety, and by creating a culture of health and safety awareness and responsibility we strive to:
• Apply sound health and safety management principles and operating practices
• Comply with the client specifications, rules and requirements
• Project health and promote safety of personnel, customers and the community
• Be alert to customer needs, technological advancement and socio-economic priority
• Reduce the hazards and potential hazards in our working environment
OUR SAFETY POLICY
• Provide a safe, hygienic and healthy working environment for the well-being of our employees;
• Manage our risks rather than trying to eliminate them totally;
• Ensure that the health and safety of the community is not compromised by our operation;
• Comply with the requirements of the health and safety rules and regulations;
• Motivate, educate and train employees to assume personal ownership of health and safety issues;
• Focus on the application of health and safety standards, including fire protection, good work practices and sound management principles, to ensure that all possible measures are taken to minimize losses and avoid accidents;
• Enlist the commitment of all staff to comply with the Act and Regulations and to manage and counter the hazards of our business through a well-practiced health and safety programme;
• Co-operate with professional bodies in formulating health and safety standards, with the intent of making these realistic while achieving a fair balance between health and safety priorities and economic values;
• Entrench safety as a value for our people which is not compromised;
• Strive to achieve the industry best practice;
• Prevent accidents and ensure healthy working relations.
TMS is accredited with the following ISO standards
ISO 9001: 2015
ISO 14001: 2015
ISO 45001: 2018
Visit our website at www.tmsgroup.co.za